It’s time to SPRING ahead… 5 Tips to Successfully Adjust to Daylight Savings Time
On Sunday, March 8, 2015 clocks in the United States will be adjusted forward one hour to begin Daylight Saving Time (DST).
Are you ready for spring? Are you excited for longer hours of sunlight? But, the real question is: are you prepared to adjust your human body clock forward? If you’re ready for spring and longer hours of sunlight but have not prepared yourself for the time changes, we have provided the tips below just for you!
Tips to prepare for Daylight Savings Time:
- Set an alarm with reminder alerts for March 8th to remind you of the upcoming time change.
- Set forward any clocks, watches or timers that are not automatically able to change for DST before you go to bed, so that you are reading the correct time in the morning (after the early-morning change takes place).
- One to two weeks before DST change your meal times one hour later than your normal schedule. For example, if you eat dinner at 5pm normally then start having dinner at 6pm.
- Begin going to bed one hour later than your normal schedule one to two weeks before DST.
- On a weekend or a during day that you can afford to sleep in, set your alarm one hour later than your normal time to see how you feel in the morning with the added hour of sleep. If you feel too tired or over-rested adjust your sleeping schedule accordingly.
By following the above tips you should be able to easily transition to the new time changes after DST! Enjoy the spring time!