- EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION
WiTouch is the original wireless, remote controlled pain relief device utilizing TENS technology to specifically treat back pain. FDA Cleared for over-the-counter sales.
If you have back pain and are looking for a drug free alternative to help you make it through the day, then the WiTouch may be right for you!
The function of TENS is really pretty straightforward. It works by suppressing the transmission of nerve pain (called Gate Control Theory), and reducing the sensitivity of pain (called Opiate Release Theory). The WiTouch accomplishes this while being small, lightweight and discreet. Its thin and flexible design allows the WiTouch to contour perfectly over the surface of the back for a perfect fit on virtually anyone. You can wear it under your clothes for treatment on your own schedule without any wires!
The WiTouch incorporates advanced electronics into its minimal design, maximizing energy effiency and providing over 150, 30-minute treatment sessions per battery! WiTouch is safe, drug-free, easy to use, discreet, comfortable to wear, and most importantly allows you to control your pain to maintain an active lifestyle.
- WiTouch is Made in the USA
- Includes 10 replaceable Gel Pads for multiple back pain relief applications
- 90 Day easy return policy
- Drug Free solution with no side effects, that means no pills to take!!
- Thin, lightweight, and flexible design perfectly contours the back for a perfect fit on almost any body type
- Comfortable & discreet - wear under your clothing for hours of pain relief when you need it
- Completely Wireless! No lead wires, bulky back wraps or belts
- Portable & convenient for travel
- Over 100, 30-minute treatments before changing batteries
- As powerful as professional equipment
Comfort and Convenience
The thin, lightweight and flexible design makes the WiTouch almost undetectable under clothing and is so comfortable patients may forget they are even wearing it! The wireless remote controls intensity level and power with just three simple buttons.
What comes with the WiTouch Wireless TENS Unit?
- 1 WiTouch Wireless TENS Unit
- 1 WiTouch Remote
- 5 Pair of Hollywog WiTouch Gel Pads Gel Pad Dimensions: 3.125" (79mm) x 2.375" (60mm)
- 2 AAA alkaline batteries (We recommend the use of high quality alkaline batteries like Duracell or Energizer)
- 1 CR2032 lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 1 Size #0 Phillips head screwdriver tool
- 1 Storage Box
- 1 User Manual
- 1 Quick Start Guide
- 1 Year Warranty
WiTouch Help Videos & Resources
* Free Shipping Offer Only Applies to Retail Purchases
SKU ELT-11-1510 Pain Area Back Specifications
- Channels: Single channel
- Waveform: Asymmetric biphasic square pulse.
- Pulse Amplitude: 0 ~110 mA = 0 ~ 55 volts, adjustable (at 500 ohm load) Pulse Frequency: (Hz) 5-120
- Pulse Width: (μs) 120 - 240
- Timer Control: (mins) 30
- Power Supply: Device: Two (2) AAA batteries (Internally Powered) Remote Control: One (1) CR2032 Lithium battery (Internally Powered)
- Size (D x W x H): 0.7” x 7.5” x 3.5” (18 mm x 191 mm x 90 mm)
- Weight (including battery): 4.8 oz (136 g)
- Safety Standards: IEC/EN/UL 60601-1, IEC/EN 60601-1-2, IEC 60601-2-10, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 601.1, EN 300200 / EN 301498-3
- Made in USA
WiTouch Wireless TENS Unit Frequently Asked Questions
About WiTouch Wireless TENS (Download User Manual)
1. What is TENS?
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is a non-invasive, drug free method of controlling pain by the transmission of electrical stimulation to the body's nerve or muscle fibers through the skin. Pain relief or supression is achieved by: Supressing the transmission of pain in nerves (Gate Control Theory) and increasing the discharge of the body's endorphins, which reduces the sensivity to pain in the central nervous system (Opiate Release Theory). The Hollywog® WiTouch's exclusive and patented waveform incorporates BOTH clinical theories of TENS to provide immediate and long-lasting pain relief. The Hollywog WiTouch provides a safe, easy to apply, medically approved pain management system for self-treatment when needed. The WITouch is perfect for those with chronic low back pain.
2. How does TENS work to relieve pain?
Pain relief or suppression is achieved by:
Suppressing the transmission of pain in nerves (Gate Control Theory) and Increasing the discharge of the body’s endorphins, which reduces the sensitivity to pain in the central nervous system (Opiate Release Theory)
3. How does the WiTouch provide pain relief?
WiTouch’s exclusive and patented stimulation waveform incorporates BOTH clinical theories of TENS to provide pain relief. You may feel immediate relief as soon as you start the device, and you may feel pain relief as long as 3-4 hours after use.
WiTouch Safety and Use
4. Can I use WiTouch if I am pregnant?
No. The safety of nerve stimulation has not been established during pregnancy; therefore do not use this device if you are pregnant, or suspect that you are pregnant
5. How long can I wear my WiTouch?
WiTouch can be worn all day. The device does not have to be removed between stimulation treatments.
6. Can I use the WiTouch on another body area besides my back?
No, WiTouch is designed specifically for the treatment of back pain. WiTouch was designed to specifically fit the back and will not fit other body areas to allow performance. WiTouch can be used on the lower back areas.
7. Can I use the WiTouch in hot and humid conditions?
Hot and humid conditions can affect the adhesion properties of the WiTouch gel pads, so care should be taken in such condi- tions. Heat and humidify will not affect the operation of the device.
8. Can I wear my WiTouch while sleeping?
No, WiTouch should not be worn while sleeping.
9. Can I wear my WiTouch while driving?
No, WiTouch should not be worn while driving, operating heavy machinery or any other activity in which electrical stimulation can put you at risk of injury.
10. Can I use WiTouch when I am working?
WiTouch can be worn at home or at the office, but it should not be worn in work settings in which heavy machin- ery is operated or any situation in which electrical stimulation can put you at risk of injury. WiTouch should not be worn during strenuous physical activity as this may affect the proper adhesion of the device.
11. Can I share my WiTouch with someone else?
WiTouch gel pads are single person use and should not be shared between people. The WiTouch device can be used by other people with proper cleaning of the device and new gel pads applied.
12. My WiTouch is not working when I press the remote.
The main device is OFF and should be turned ON. If you receive yellow blinks on the remote when the START button is pressed, the remote control is not able to communicate with the device.
Note the main unit automatically shuts OFF after 2 hours of inactivity.
13. Why is the LED blinking yellow?
Change your batteries. The blinking yellow indicates low battery.
14. What if I lose my remote control?
WiTouch cannot be operated without the remote control, so you will need to order a replacement remote control. WiTouch Pro can be operated without a remote control, so you can continue using the device.
WiTouch Care & Maintenance
15. What kind of batteries does my WiTouch use?
The WiTouch device uses 2 AAA batteries. The remote control uses 1 CR2032 lithium coin battery
16. How often do I have to change the batteries in my WiTouch and remote?
The 2 AAA batteries in the WiTouch device will last for approximately 150 treatments, depending on the intensity. The remote control CR2032 battery will last approximately 1 year.
17. How do I clean my WiTouch?
Hollywog WiTouch Electrodes are single person use. Use a damp cloth and mild soap to gently wipe clean. Remove any soap residue from cleaning. Damage to the device and/or remote control will occur if submerged in water or other liquids. WiTouch is manufactured with water detection technology to detect exposure to water that may cause damage to the electronics and void the product warranty.
18. How do I store my WiTouch?
WiTouch should be stored in the storage box included with your device. If the device is being stored for a short time between uses and the gel pads are still applied to the device, the green protective liners should be applied to the gel pads before storage. If the device will be stored for a long period of time, the 2 AAA batteries should be removed from the main device.
19. What is the warranty on the WiTouch?
The warranty is 1 year assuming normal wear and tear. (NOTE: WiTouch should not be submerged in water or worn while showering)
WiTouch Gel Pad Information
20. Do I have to use the Gel pads?
Yes, the WiTouch device can ONLY be used with the gel pads designed specifically for WiTouch. Attempted use of WiTouch without WiTouch Gel Pads can result in skin irritation or burns.
21. Where can I get new gel pads?
You can purchase new gel pads from the same retail outlet that you purchased your WiTouch device. You can also check your local chiropractor, DME or call Core Products Customer Service at 800-365-3047.
Gel pads will stick effectively for 3-5 applications on average. The number of applications depends on skin prepara- tion and skin type. Excessive oil, moisturizers and perspiration will affect the gel pads’ ability to adhere properly. You should always clean the treatment area with soap and water before applying your WiTouch to ensure optimal adhesion.
23. How many times can I use the gel pads?
The number of uses you can obtain from gel pads will vary, primarily due to skin preparation. Each time WiTouch is removed from the back, dead skin cells are removed adhered to the gel pads. Over time, the accumulation of this “skin cell debris” diminishes the gel pads’ ability to adhere. Insufficient skin preparation will also affect gel pad adhesion.
24. How often do I replace the gel on my WiTouch?
The gel should be replaced on your WiTouch when the adhesion diminishes. This will vary person to person and depending upon skin preparation, but 3-5 applications is typical.
25. Why can I see some of the “black” from the WiTouch electrodes on my fingers?
The black residue you may see on your fingers from handling the WiTouch device is from the conductive carbon element within the electrodes. The residue is normal and can be wiped away.
Good Product to use.Posted on 6/9/16
Good Product to use.PriceValueQuality
Love It!Posted on 4/8/16
I have had two lower back surgeries to correct degenerative disc disease/ruptured disc. Even with maintaining a respectable body weight and using the exercises from PT to strengthen/maintain my core; I still have issues when I have to sit at my desk during 12 and 14 hour work days. (It happens as I am a CPA - 'tis the season!)
I love that I can just put in on in the morning and leave it on :) It's discreet enough that no one knows that it is there. My waistband holds it in place. With the remote I can turn it on the three or four times a day I need the relief it offers.
Best yet, no need for me to take meds for pain relief - which is a good thing since my stomach can't handle the Advil/Motrin stuff!
Putting it on and leaving it on when I know I'm having bad days saves the gel pads too!PriceValueQuality
A bit on the bulky side but works fine. Needs better adhesive padsPosted on 3/27/16
Ordered 2. Have 1 unopened still. Love the wireless features
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing: WiTouch Wireless TENS Device - Includes 10 Gel Pads