- EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION
Tri-Core® Cervical Pillow Helps Provide Proper Alignment of the Spine
Our most requested fiber support pillow provides softer support and lasts longer than traditional pillows. The trapezoid-shaped center delivers great orthopedic benefits; cradling the head and firmly supporting the neck.
Two different sized lobes provide a better fit for different sized sleepers. Side lobes are taller for side sleeping. High resiliency fiber springs back when compressed for exceptional comfort and durability. Blended cotton cover is breathable and soft to the touch. Fits a standard pillowcase. 24”x 16” (61cm x 41cm)
Maximize Your Comfort and Support
Our fiber pillows are designed specifically with the neck and back in mind. Choose the firm support of our Standard Tri-Core Pillow or the Gentle Tri-Core Pillow with slightly less fiber and height. If you are new to a cervical support pillow, it may take time to adjust; this is the pillow working to help restore proper cervical curve during sleep.
Tri-Core Full size - 24x16" (61cm x 41cm)
MidSize (Mid-Core) - 22x15" (56cm x 38cm)
Petite-Core - 19x12" (48cm x 38cm)
*Note: The difference between standard support (firm) and gentle is subtle. The gentle support option contains less fiber, which slightly reduces the height and firmness of the pillow.
UK Patent #2-000-739
FIB200 Tri-Core Cervical Pillow - Standard Firm Support
FIB220 Tri-Core Cervical Pillow - Standard Gentle Support
FIB221 Tri-Core Cervical Pillow - Midsize Firm Support
FIB222 Tri-Core Cervical Pillow - Midsize Gentle Support
FIB219 Tri-Core Cervical Pillow - Petite White
FIB218 Tri-Core Cervical Pillow - Petite Printed
ACC821 Standard Pillowcase - Light Blue
SKU FIB200 Detailed SKUs FIB-200, FIB-218, FIB-219, FIB-220, FIB-221, FIB-222 Pain Area Headaches, Neck, Shoulder Care Instructions
Hand Washing and Drying:
- Soak in warm water using mild detergent.
- Continue to press or flush water through until clean.
- Press out any excess water.
- Rinse in clear water removing detergent and soil.
- Press out excess water and drip dry flat. Do not hang or filling will settle.
- Refluff when thoroughly dry (punching on diagonals).
Material Pillow: Fiber, Cover: 50/50 Cotton / Polly Dimensions Tri-Core 24"x16", Mid-Core 22"x15", Petite-Core 19"x12"
- Most Requested Fiber Orthopedic Support Pillow.
- Designed to correct and maintain cervical alignment.
- Tri-Core pillows are beneficial to those who sleep on their side as well as for back sleepers.
- Tri-Core pillows’ unique trapezoid center cradles the head and supports the neck to help align the neck and the head in their proper positions.
- Because the cervical curve is supported in its neutral position, using Tri-Core pillows helps to correct nerve malfunction and promotes healing of injuries. More importantly, Tri-Core pillows promote good health while providing maximum comfort by preserving the normal curvature of the neck and spine.
- Two different sized lobes provide better fit for different sized sleepers.
- Bottom: Smaller Neck Support
- Top: Larger Neck Support
- Side Lobes are taller than the trapezoid center, to accommodate side sleeping.
- High resiliency fiber springs back when compressed. Blended cotton cover is breathable and soft. Fiberfill provides softer support and lasts longer.
- Tri-Core is a premium product with 240 thread count, deluxe material and a very high quality soft luxurious fiber that lasts a long time and offers correction and comfort.
- Smaller versions available to fit petit and child body types. (Mid-Core & Petite-Core pillows)
What is an Orthopedic Support Pillow?
- Orthopedic Support Pillows: Support pillows are designed to help a. correct and b. maintain proper cervical posture/alignment while sleeping by providing the right amount of resistive feedback into the cervical & upper thoracic musculature.
Special Note: Support type pillows are orthotic devices (like a custom orthotic in your shoe) and therefore may take time to get accustomed to. Healthcare providers should give patients proper education regarding the time needed for training the musculature in accepting the pillow. Although some people can react positively to this type of pillow immediately, others may take up to 2 weeks of gradual increased use through the night. Patient should use pillow to waking tolerance and then switch to previous pillow for the rest of the night. Each successive night, patient should increase time support pillow is used through the night.
Examples: Tri-Core Standard; Tri-Core Gentle; Double Core & Double Core Select Pillows.
- Correct: Helps eliminate symptoms by treating the cause of the condition. Helps correct the cause of pain, supports treatment to regain proper function.
At this stage, orthopedic pillows are often prescribed to assist in correcting the diagnosed condition and to help the patient regain proper function. Allows tissue to heal functionally. Prepares for the maintenance stage. Corrective pillows can help alleviate headaches; neck muscle and joint strains, arthritis and whiplash discomfort and help restore proper nerve function. Supportive pillows are used in this stage of care.
- Maintain: Ensures continued good health by helping sustain the body in its proper, natural posture. Complements care to help prevent recurrence/progression. Pillows selected for the Maintain Stage should ensure continued good health by providing proper positioning and helping preserve the natural curvature of the neck and spine. For ideal maintenance, the pillow should provide maximum support and comfort. In fact, most people discover that once the normal curvature of the neck is restored, they crave the comfort of maximum support - the reason supportive pillows have grown more popular. Supportive pillows are used in this stage of care.
Orthopedic Pillow Uses
Natural placement of the head and neck, accomplished with the many different styles and shapes of Core cervical pillows, can help relieve intense pain by providing natural and correct posturing in supine (back) and side-sleeping positions.
Cervical support pillows are used when a cervical hypolordosis (less than normal curvature of the spine) exists, to prevent hypolordosis, or when cervical spasms or strains occur. These pillows are orthotic devices (apparatus used to align or support) used to help relieve spasms, remove minor tensions and maintain or resume the natural cervical lordotic curve while at rest.
By providing proper neck support, cervical pillows can help with:
- Neck muscle and joint strains and sprains
- Tension headaches
- Whiplash injuries
- Morning hand stiffness and swelling
- Temporomandibular disorders
- Snoring (in some cases)
Differences in Pillow Materials
- Fiber: Allows for comfort and support. High quality fiber is blown to exact specification to insure uniform distribution and pillow weight.
- Originally used to emulate features of natural down pillows & used in comfort for accommodation.
- Advances in fiber have resulted in great ability to comfort & support.
- Core Pillows use conjugated fiber which acts like a spring.
- During manufacturing, high pressure will link fibers together & different resiliency levels can be created in the pillow. This process helps fiber stay in place and resists migration, yielding consistent support as fiber generally has amorphous tendencies and can clump or rat tail during cleaning.
- Foam can offer the most consistent support but Fiber currently can offer almost as much but with more comfort.
- Fiber material is available in wide array of sizes, shapes & coatings.
- Has ability to perform as either a semi-solid or semi-fluid.
- Polyester fiber has natural flame retardance & durability.
Special Note: There other types of orthopedic pillows. Besides Support Pillows, there is also Accommodate/Displacement Pillows. These pillows are designed to help relieve pain or discomfort by conforming to and stabilizing an existing condition. Relieves pain or discomfort by conforming to and stabilizing a new or existing injury or condition. Provides comfort, but does little to correct the condition. Typically for short-term use. When a neck injury or condition is acute (serious or to an intense degree, like whiplash or a significant sprain or strain), the healthcare provider’s goal is to relieve a patient's pain and discomfort before beginning treatment. What's needed is to stabilize and accommodate the condition before moving forward. The same is true for other neck injuries or at the onset of many common problems which affect the head and neck. Accommodation/Displacement pillows work well at this stage because they conform to the condition and provide immediate comfort.
Examples: Core Deluxe Water Pillow; Core Memory Foam Pillow
***Please ask your healthcare provider which is the most appropriate pillow for you.
Exactly what I neededPosted on 9/16/16
I usually have terrible back pains because my son was on a wheelchair for 2 years and he weighed 230 pounds... imagine that... I tried buying different kinds of pillows, none workedQualityPriceValue
Good Company, Just Didn’t Work for MePosted on 9/15/16
I really hate leaving anything less than a stellar review for any Core product (they seem like great folks and sell products made in the USA!). However, I was asked to rate this pillow and it just didn’t work for me. It’s worth mentioning that I have bad neck pain, due to degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis in my C5/6 region; another person may have great results with the same pillow.
One thing that I wish I’d realized up front is that, apparently, you’re supposed to turn the pillow so that it’s in line vertically with your body if you’re a side sleeper (please correct me if I’m wrong on this). This is very awkward, as it causes the pillow to hang off the head of the bed and it still isn’t comfortable enough for me to sleep on. After trying it for a few nights, I had to go back to scrunching up my old lumpy pillow on top of my arm again to fall asleep. Sad that it didn’t work out.
Comment from Core Products:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry the Tri-Core did not meet your needs. Please contact customer service at 800-365-3047 and we would be glad to offer you a refund or option to try a different pillow that may meet your needs better. Regarding side sleeping, the pillow is designed primarily for back sleeping, using the neck roll in the middle, under your neck and trapezoid recess in the middle is where your head would rest. The sides of the pillow are where you would place your head for side sleeping (not in the center). This allows your head/neck positioning to be neutral.QualityPriceValue
Excellent pillow! I am thinking of buying another for traveling.Posted on 9/11/16
I have now used the firm Tri-Core Cervical Pillow for six weeks, and my neck pain is MUCH better. After trying scads of special pillows, I am grateful to have finally found one that is comfortable and therapeutic. BRAVO!
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing: Tri-Core Cervical Pillow Family