- Center Sewing – Preparing a pillow case to be filled with fiber.
- Blowing & Closing – Filling a pillow by blowing fiber into the pillow case and closing the case.
- Packaging – Putting the pillow into a bag and preparing for shipment.
Employees perform all three functions of the pillow manufacturing process.
Scroll down to see a video of the pillow manufacturing process and to view the online application.
Job Functions in the position:
- Processing – Understanding and practicing the one piece flow manufacturing method.
- Production – Producing first quality goods in a timely fashion.
- Documentation – Recording produced quantities.
- Getting Information – Observing, receiving, and obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Controlling Machines and Processes – Using control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Handling and Moving Objects – Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structure, and Material – Inspecting equipment and materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, and Subordinates – Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email, or in person.
- Other Job Functions – any functions as deemed necessary by management.
Skills, Abilities, and Work Styles