Jobs Office - Cook/Housekeeper, Osceola, WI
Making Your Life More Comfortable
We utilize great people to deliver high quality health care and comfort products. We build successful relationships with our vendors and customers, and enhance the lives of our customers and team members.
We build the careers and lifestyle of our employees in a “best place to work” environment.
Employees at Core Products are:
1. Friendly – they work well others, laugh, and have fun.
2. Dependable - they show up for work every day, and start and end breaks on time.
3. Driven – they are motivated to do a great job.
4. Efficient – they learn fast and work productively.
5. Honest – they live with good and truthful character.
1. You will be able to charge the appropriate amount for meals / snacks and be able to manage the cash box within 1 week.
2. You will understand the government requirements involved with running a kitchen within 2 weeks.
3. You will be able to judge how much food to make and plan a meal calendar within 1 month.
4. You will learn where all cleaning supplies and equipment are located within 1 week.
5. You will know where and how to purchase food and supplies within 1 month.
Cook Job Functions
1. Prepare and serve meals for 20 people
2. Collect payment for meals and snacks
3. Maintain cafeteria budget
4. Maintain a clean kitchen and break room
5. Keep napkin and shakers full on tables
6. Purchase food and supplies for meals and the kitchen
1. Vacuum all carpeted areas
2. Sanitize rest rooms and kitchen
3. Dusting (as needed) in office and kitchen
4. Taking out trash and replacing trash liners
5. Mop floors in entry, restrooms, and kitchen
6. Washing all entry glass
7. Keeping bathrooms stocked with paper products and soap
Other duties as deemed necessary by Supervisor or Management.
Skills for this position:
1. Reading Comprehension - Understanding how to read recipes.
2. Mathematics - Using mathematics to adjust recipes and give change
3. Time Management - Managing one’s own time
4. Organization, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plan to prioritize, organize, and accomplish job tasks, functions, and activities.
5. Cleanliness - able to maintain neat, clean, and safe work area.
1. Culinary Expertise - Ability to cook as well as knowledge of the kitchen. This includes knife and tasting skills.
2. Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
3. Cleaning Expertise - Ability to clean and have an understanding for operating cleaning equipment
Work Styles – This job requires:
1. Integrity - being honest and ethical.
2. Achievement/Effort - establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
3. Cooperation - being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured attitude.
4. Dependability - being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
5. Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
6. Independence - guiding oneself with little or no supervision and depending on oneself to get things done.
7. Initiative - a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
8. Adaptability/Flexibility - being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
9. Self-Control - maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in difficult situations.
10. Stress Tolerance - accepting criticism and dealing calmly with high stress situations.