Jobs Manufacturing - Light Assembly, Chetek, WI
Our Purpose: Making Your Life More Comfortable
Our Mission: We utilize great people to deliver high quality health care and comfort products. We build successful relationships with our vendors and customers, and enhance the lives of our customers and team members.
We build the careers and lifestyle of our employees in a “best place to work” environment.
Expectations: Employees at Core Products are:
- Friendly – they work well others, laugh, and have fun.
- Dependable - they show up for work every day, and start and end breaks on time.
- Driven – they are motivated to do a great job.
- Efficient – they learn fast and work productively.
- Honest – they live with good and truthful character.
- Process - Understand and practice one piece flow manufacturing method.
- Production – produce first quality goods, light assembly, cutting with dies, screen printing, packing, be proficient at running all equipment in department.
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such machine malfunctions.
- Record produced quantities
- Assembly of various products and accessories
- Use of tools- rivet gun, soldering gun, drill, etc…
- Ship product on time
- Excellent quality
- Inspect finished product to locate defects and to correct defects if able. If not, notify Department Leader and/or Quality department.
- Be proficient at sewing and be able to cross train to on other items
- Getting Information – Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Controlling Machines and Processes – Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Handling and Moving Objects – Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structure, or Material – Inspecting equipment and materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates – Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Other Job Functions – any functions as deemed necessary by management.
- Communicate with Managers, Supervisors, Quality Control, Mechanics and other employees
- Excellent communication skills
- Self motivated and works well with a team
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Skills for this position:
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Operation and Control – Controlling operations of printing equipment or systems.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of other’s reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people and improve processes.
- Monitoring – Monitoring and assessing performance of yourself and others to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Organization, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plan to prioritize, organize, and accomplish job functions.
Work Styles – This job requires:
- Integrity – being honest and ethical.
- Achievement/Effort – establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Behavior – a can do and willingness to learn behavior.
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured attitude.
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Concern for Others – being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Self-Control – maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in difficult situations
- Persistence – persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Initiative – a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Stress Tolerance – accepting criticism and dealing calmly with high stress situations.